Historic St. Anthony Catholic Church
258 Ohio, Wichita, Ks
2nd St. & Ohio
Two blocks east of Old Town
Sunday Mass at 1:oo
English/Latin missals provided. Join us for coffee and donuts after mass downstairs in the St. Clair/Sunshine room, south exterior basement entrance.
Pastor of St. Anthony Parish: Fr. Ben Nguyen
EFLR Celebrants: Fr. John Jirak, Fr Nicholas Voelker
Master of Ceremonies: Tony Strunk
Choir Director: Bernie Dette


Continuing News

+To submit an article or if you have comments contact me, Mark, at bumpy187@gmail.com.

Like us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/VeniteMissaEst?ref=hl

Did You Know

Mass Propers, the readings that change everyday, can be found in the red missalettes at the entrance of church?

Fr. Nicholas Voelker celebrates Low Mass Saturdays at 8:00 a.m., St. Mary's Catholic Church, 106 East 8th street, Newton. There is no mass this Saturday, January 30, 2016.


Friday, November 15, 2013

Post #263

Topics: Sunday, 11/17/13Resumed Sixth Sunday After Epiphany...Fr. Jacques Philippe: Presents at Blessed Sacrament Parish Mission...Pics: Good Ol' Catholic Pictures...Priest's Prayers: While Vesting

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please note: St. Anthony Catholic Church is one of only two churches celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass (EFLR) in the Wichita diocese. Though this blog is loosely centered around this parish and it's members, Venite Missa Est! is by no means, in any way an official voice of, or for, St. Anthony Parish or the Diocese of Wichita. Venite Missa Est! is strictly a private layman's endeavor.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sunday, 11/17/13
Resumed Sixth Sunday After Epiphany

This Sunday,11/17/13, Resumed Sixth Sunday After Epiphany is a Low Mass at 1 p.m. with Fr. Voss celebrating. There will be coffee and donuts in the St. Claire/Sunshine Room after the Mass. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Fr. Jacques Philippe to present Blessed Sacrament Parish Mission
Submitted by Larry Bethel

Fr. Jacques Philippe, author of Searching for and Maintaining Peace, will present Blessed Sacrament’s parish mission Nov. 19-21.

Fr. Philippe will present the The School of the Holy Spirit at 7 p.m. each night in the church, 124 N. Roosevelt. The mission is free of charge and no RSVP is necessary.

“Fr. Philippe presents the spiritual life in such a profound yet practical way that he can hardly be rivaled,” Fr. John Jirak, pastor of Blessed Sacrament Parish said. “In fact, when I tell people about Fr. Philippe, I say that he is a modern-day St. Francis de Sales in the way that he writes about the spiritual life.”

Philippe is a member of the Community of the Beatitudes, founded in France in 1973. He has written several books, including Interior Freedom and Time for God.

“They are among my most treasured books,” a Blessed Sacrament parishioner said. “My favorite is Interior Freedom. I am one of those people who writes in books as I read them. I underline important things that touch me. The problem I have with Fr. Philippe's books is that I have to underline everything! It seems like he is talking directly to me.”

A reception will follow the Nov. 21 presentation in Bishops Hall. Babysitting will be provided for those who RSVP to the parish office. Copies of Fr. Philippe’s books will be available for a suggested donation of $10 per book. For more information, call (316) 682-4557 or email rhittner@blessedsacramentwichita.com.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Good Ol' Catholic Pictures

I love Catholic art. If you are an email subscriber you probably don't see these pictures. Just surf on over to http://venite-missa-est.blogspot.com/ to view them. Notice the Life Magazine picture. As the Blessed Sacrament arrives all go down on their knees. Click on pictures for larger views.






@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Priests Prayers While Vesting

You might have noticed that, after the prayers at the foot of the altar, the priest moves to the sedilia  to remove his cope and vest in his chasuble. If you look carefully he will read from a card the corresponding prayer for that particular vestment. Each article of clothing, which is donned in a predefined manner, has attached to it a certain prayer which Father recites back in the Sacristy.

The Amice: "Place, O Lord on my head the helmet of salvation, that I my overcome the assaults of the devil".

The Alb: "Purify me, O Lord, from all stain and cleanse my heart, that washed in the Blood of the Lamb, I may enjoy eternal delights."

The Cincture: "Gird me, O Lord, with the cincture of purity, and quench in my heart the fire of concupiscence, that the virtue of continence and chastity may remain in me."

The Maniple: "Let me deserve, O Lord, to bear the maniple of tears and sorrow, so that one day I may come with joy into the reward of my labors."

The Stole: "Restore to me O Lord, the state of immortality which was lost to me by my first parents, and although unworthy to approach Thy sacred mysteries, grant me nevertheless eternal joy."

The Chasuble: "O Lord, Who hast said "My yoke is sweet and my burden light", grant that I may carry it so as to obtain Thy grace".

Priest's Vestments

No comments: